Many of you know of my US Magazine addiction. I have said it before and I will say it again, it is a half hour of brain candy that gives me a bit of a break during the week.
One of their "articles" is called "What's In My Bag?" (Click on the link to see what is in your favorite celebrity's gazillion dollar handbag) Basically, it is product placement in a fancy bag.
For the last few weeks we have been living at the beach. We have moved in as much as we can, but it seems that my handbag has become a catch all for anything and everything. I am about to share with you what is in "my bag."
Here is a photo of my super trendy LL Bean, medium sized tote bag with extra long handles so I can toss it over my shoulder.
As you can tell it is pretty packed. While the stars in US Magazine have $200 sunglasses and Chanel nail polish, I have the following:
- My "Plan Ahead" address book that has not been opened since QT was born.
- (1) Princess Ariel hairbrush
- House keys to our condo
- (2) size 1 Pampers, one with Elmo, one with Cookie
- (1) Conair hairbrush (this one is mine and I have had it for quite a few years)
- A random envelope with a grocery list from the first week we were at the beach on the back, stuffed with outdated coupons
- A handful of bills that I should probably pay
- State of Connecticut Department of Public Health Parent Notice with all of QT's info for the birth certificate (I guess I should go pick up the actual birth certificate at the Town Clerk)
- Random coupons to Babies R Us and Carters
- A receipt for QT's first visit to the doctor
- A receipt for QT's one month visit to the doctor (did I tell you there was a fire alarm right after the doctor left the room? Thank goodness he sent the nurse in to give him the second Hep-B shot so I didn't have to go and wait in the parking lot until the alarm stopped)
- A $25 gift card to Babies R Us. I am planning on using this towards an actual diaper bag, since this tote also plays that role
- My tax bill for the condo
- A direct mail piece from Weight Watchers with Jennifer Hudson looking all kinds of good on the front, offering membership for $1 until August 6th.
- A baptism card for my godson (more on that adventure later) that I haven't sent yet
- My wallet
- A sticker with all the info for my prenatal vitamins that I have to refill
- Two checkbooks
- QT's Tri-Vi-Sol vitamins (which reminds me I should give him these when he wakes up)
- A small change purse that has no change in it at all, but is full of partially used gift cards and a random photo of my best friend's kids
- A pair of the Lady's sunglasses
- QT's comb (it appears he is losing his hair and that male pattern baldness is setting in so I am not sure if I will actually need this)
- A receipt for Stop&Shop from June 29th
- A receipt from CVS for shampoo from June 9th
- A Ziploc bag with breast shields and a nipple guard
- Part of a Star Wars Light saber toy from McDonald's that belongs to the Wild Man and somehow made its way into my bag
- A pair of QT's monkey socks
- Lip gloss that belongs to my sister and I am pretty sure we both used for my cousin's wedding in June
- My running watch that has never been used because I am waiting for the OK from the Dr. to start working out again
- (5) Books of stamps that I bought in advance of QT's birth to use for announcements that I have yet to make since I don't have a photo of all three kids together
- (6) hair bands of various sizes and colors and (2) flower barrettes
- A reorder form for my checkbook
- (5) pens
- (1) tube of Chapstick
- (1) black Sharpie
- (5 1/2) Crayola crayons, (1) sky blue, (1) silver, (1) melon, (1) midnight blue, (1) spring green and (1/2) thistle
- A phone number and e-mail for a cleaning woman that I have never used but that I really should
- A post-it note with the number of the Stamford Department of Health so that I can call them when I see workers from the market in front our house cutting vegetables with what can best be described as a machete on a piece of plywood outside of the store
- An empty straw wrapper from Dunkies
- (1) paper clip
- A Pampers gifts to grow sticker
- (4) Dunkin Donuts receipts totalling $23.02
- $1.09 in assorted change
Not quite the celebrity bag full of imported mints and Swarovski encrusted smart phones, but this little exercise just got my bag cleared out and I think that Dunkies, Crayola, Sharpie, Weight Watchers and Pampers should expect a little bump up in sales from all the free publicity I just generated!
What is the strangest thing you are carrying in your bag? It would be nice to know that I am not the only one out there walking around with baby vitamins and enough stamps to make the Post Office proud.