Thursday, April 26, 2012

Button Bursting Black Pants or How I was Saved by my Own Laziness

The button on my pants broke off mid-morning as I was sitting at my desk. I would like to be clear, that the button itself was actually broken, as in cracked, and that it was not entirely due to the fact that perhaps my body still retains a bit of the baby weight.

Also, the zipper had kind of been busted on these pants for a while, so every time I wore them (like every other day) I was devoting a lot of time and energy to spot checking my fly in order to make sure I was securely zipped up.

So, what do you do when a button breaks off your pants and the zipper that might actually be able to keep your pants up is damaged?

Two words. Binder clip.

These things seem pretty strong, and I have like a hundred in various shapes and sizes on my desk. But alas, even the big guy didn't end up working to keep these pants together.

If I actually just sat at my desk all day this probably wouldn't be a problem. Would it be inconvenient? Yes. Would it be super comfortable? Also yes.

However, I actually have to get up and move around pretty frequently, so the half-assed binder clip solution wasn't going to work.

Luckily, I was saved by my own laziness.

Since, I don't have a ton of time to get to the dry cleaners near my house, I decided to use a dry cleaner closer to the office so that I could drop off and pick up things at lunch. I dropped off some clothes last Monday. They were ready last Wednesday. Now, had I not decided to skip over this errand for over a week, perhaps this button incident would have found me at my old friend Old Navy, picking up a pair of stop-gap black pants, but instead it found me picking up a pair of newly cleaned and newly tailored, perfectly fitting black pants while trying to hid the fact that my fly was so far open that it looked like I was channeling some background dancer in a rap video, with my short short button fly jean shorts turned down over my belly.

Broken buttons . . . one more reason to quit my job and go back to wearing yoga pants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment