Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Few Random Thoughts

Disappointed in Dunkies

So, apparently Tuesday was Dunkin Donuts "Free Iced Coffee Day." Now any of you who have been following this blog, know that not only am I a huge Dunkies fan, and have a sort of love affair with their iced coffees, but that when "Free Iced Coffee Day" comes around, I usually make a bit of a pilgrimage to all the Dunkies in the area and gather up like a two-day supply of free coffee.

I feel like I deserve this for being a loyal customer and for spending probably way too much money in their establishments. Granted, I have been pretty much getting free munchkins for like a year for the Lady, but that is due to her sweet face and overall cuteness.

So how disappointed was I, when I read that Dunkies was only running the offer in certain cities and regions and that it did not include Fairfield County CT? I was super disappointed. What kind of bullshit is that? How can you have "Free Iced Coffee Day" and not offer it in your own backyard? Shame on you Dunkies. Shame. Shame. Shame.

Reality Wrap Up

I noticed that I haven't posted anything in a while having to do with pop culture, Reality TV or US Magazine. It isn't that I haven't been reading gossip columns online at work, watching Idol and BL or perusing the pages of US Magazine--did everybody see McSteamy on the cover last week, totally nudie holding his baby girl? I guess, I have just failed as a blogger to relay these things to my faithful readers. I am so looking forward to my beach time this summer when I can discuss these things in depth, with those who I know really care.

Anyway, I was so psyched for the BL makeover episode last week. Finally Daris and Michael tamed that wildness that was growing from the top of their heads. Now, I am not 100% sold on Daris' final cut, the Pompadour of curls is slightly distracting, but he does look good. I am looking forward to the finale.

Speaking of finale, Idol is down to its final three contestants. Even though Idol doesn't appear to be the ratings juggernaut it has been in the past, I got hooked this year, primarily because of all the "unique" talent and because sometimes it is just fun to watch people bomb on stage. I am not embarrassed to admit that I have a bit of a crush on Lee DeWyze. What can I say, I am kind of a sucker for dark-haired, blue-eyed guys. Plus--his singing touches me on an emotional level and he has two capital letters in his last name. I am rooting for this kid and might actually download a song of his off iTunes when his record comes out. That, or at least sing along to it on the radio. Love you Lee.

3 comments:

  1. I would like Daris to win. I think he looks great too and will root for him based only on his 21:05 5K time which is tremendous. He probably won't win unless he seriously starves himself though which I don't recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seriously thinking of both starving myself and growing some sort of pompadour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Herzlich Willkommen hier im Erotikchat.


    Dieser Erotikchat gibt dir eine Alternative frau osteuropa und natürlich vieles mehr,wie Heiße Live Chats
    Hier im besten Erotikchat findest du frau osteuropa Live Dates
    Eventuel suchst du erotische Rollenspiele , dann bist du hier genau richtig.Gut,worauf wartest du?
    Blind Date ficken transen ,schnell anmelden .
    Suchst du jemand aus Frauenfeld, vieleicht in Erfurt, oder in Ingolstadt , vieleicht in Zürich, oder Tulln? Mit Sicherheit kein Problem.!

    ReplyDelete