Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Supermoon, Other Orbs and Minor Musings

My husband and I talked up the supermoon to the Ladies on Saturday, and after getting them all dressed in their feety pajamas and bundling them up to go outside and see it, we were a little bit bummed that it was hiding behind some clouds. Considering that it was past their bedtime and our little excursion outside was done in sheer desperation so that they would actually go to bed after seeing it, I was a little bit annoyed. I mean this thing only happens like every 18 years or something. The next time these kids see that supermoon they are going to be in their 20's. Yikes!

And speaking of large orbs, my husband would like it if I didn't discuss my areolas on this blog. I can't make any firm promises to him because in all actuality they come up a lot in my everyday conversations and daily life, but I will make an effort to keep the chatter to a minimum.

And one more minor musing for today, am I a terrible parent because I have no intention of turning the Little Lady's carseat back to rear facing even though that is the new suggestion and she isn't quite 2 or close to 30 lbs? I certainly don't want to ever put her in danger, but I really don't think she would even allow it. Just wondering what the rest of you with those under 2 are thinking. It is weird to think the new baby will be rear facing until 2013, which seems like a very long way off.  I am certainly not advocating ignoring child safety standards, but I mean, I remember riding in the back of hatchbacks with no seatbelts when I was little. Luckily, my husband is tall and the Lady is in the 95th percentile for height, I am hoping this means that all my kids will make it to 4ft. 9inches before High School, not sure they would be willing to ride in the booster on their way to Junior High.

3 comments:

  1. i like the fact that you're getting the girls interested in astronomy at such a young age! maybe one of them will live my life long dream of becoming an astronaut some day!! on a side note: more nipple talk n less troy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can it plan B...you are an ass-tronaut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Ladies do like astronomy. Unfortnatley for me, my only real exposure to supermoons growing up, were both of my brothers mooning me. If this kid is a boy, lets hope the family tradition ends here.

    Yeah comments. Always up for lively discussions here.

    ReplyDelete