Thursday, March 3, 2011

Top Mom? Why Yes, I am.

So the Little Lady seems to be readjusting to life with her father at home. I haven't had anymore odd "Daddy?" sightings, but last week while she and I were perusing the pages of US Weekly, she pointed to this picture of Top Chef's Padma Lakshmi, who was wearing a bikini and looking pretty good (and by pretty good, I mean amazing) for a mom of a 1-year-old and said "Mommy?"

And do you know what I said?

"Yes, that's mommy." I mean she has long dark hair and was wearing big black sunglasses, I think it was a mistake anyone could have made.

It also made me realize that to our kids, on some days we are a former model/Reality TV host with a super hot bod and a love for food and dramatic dismissals of chefs and on other days we are 12-year old Asian boys with bad teeth.

So I guess the question is, which one are you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment