Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Pinterest Project

I am addicted people, addicted.

I see you out there. I am following you. You are following me. We are part of a big, beautiful, glossy world of ideas and inspiration.

The Ladies are pinterested. We have looked at every single pin that has anything to do with nail polish or fancy manicures.

We have planned the Lady's Angry Birds birthday party (yes, this is a departure for her, I thought we would be doing a fairy themed party this year, but alas, I was mistaken). Yesterday, she flipped through a few pins and decided what goody bags, what party hats and what cake she would like. Good thing I have until September to figure out how to make it all.

And that my friends, is what I am here to talk about. I love to pin. I love to look at all those things, like them, repin them and put them on my boards, but what I haven't actually done is make anything. I haven't taken those ideas off my virtual bulletin board and tried any of them.

That ends today.

I am starting my own Pinterest Project.

potterybarnkids.com

I am giving up chocolate for Lent and putting all my emotional eating efforts towards making  something that I find on Pinterest. I even have a few ideas of my own that I am going to try to create and pin.

For the next six weeks, I will post one Pinterest project per week.

In my mind this ends up with me doing one out of sight Easter celebration with glitter eggs and live baby chicks, but I am nothing if not a realist and can see this easily turn into me trying to get QT to stop eating fake, plastic Easter basket grass, while I dye eggs with kit I bought at the gas station and the Ladies get sugared-up on pastel colored M&Ms.

Either way, you will be able to read about it all here.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment