Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Biggest Loser and Other Updates

I will admit that I missed the BL last week! It was my first day back at work and it was a long day for me. I thought it was TiVoing, but alas I was mistaken. So instead of even catching the last half hour of it, I watched the end of NCIS-LA--big mistake.

Turns out that there wasn't much to see anyway, nobody was eliminated. This week, however, I made sure the TiVo was set and carved away a little time to watch.

Tracey on purple is crazy!

Talk about crazy eyes and panic attacks. She certainly is not in a good place in terms of self-confidence and is clearly looking for any advantage she can (especially if it involves eating cupcakes!). I feel bad for Coach Mo, who now is part of a team, where everyone hates one member. If they ever fall below the yellow line and have to be eliminated as a team, they will certainly go.

I have to say, I like that Jillian called out Coach Mo, and I like that she lost it on Tracey. Ah, game play. . . where will you take us next?

I am still trying to get to know these contestants. As much as I am routing for Abby on the green team, I don't need to see them flash back to her telling the horrific story of her loss every time she comes on screen. I also like Allen from the green team. He seems like a really good guy and partnered with Abby, they have my vote to go all the way.

Love the orange team. Daniel is so positive and I want him to finish his journey and just drop all the weight and finally get laid (I am just assuming that this has never happened, but I am sure I can't be that far off!) And Shay, well she just needs to keep losing that weight. I mean when you see her in just the sports bra and spandex, it is really unbelievable to imagine getting that big.

Anyway, I was sorry to see the red team go. I liked those guys. Sean still has a while to go as well, I mean he is still over 3 bills but it looks like he is on his way.

I have to say, I love a BL love connection. Congrats to Antoine and Alexandra, they are so cute and hopefully they will continue to lead a healthy lifestyle.

More to come next week.

Other Updates

So, I am clear to exercise and I am mapping out my return to running. I have been running the stairs at my house and trying to fit in a little cardio each day, but the next step is actually lacing up the shoes and hitting the pavement. I am going to try to follow the 5k plan that I used last year, and I am hoping that I can get to three miles running sooner rather than later. This all depends on if I can actually find the right time to get out of the house!

I have looked into signing up for some 5ks in the next 6 weeks in preparation for the Turkey Trot and I hope that this will help kick-start the weight loss. I really would like to fit back into my clothes.

I had to go out last night and get a dress for a wedding this weekend. It was a little disheartening to try on sizes. I was hoping I was only one dress size higher than I started off at, but it looks like it is more like two! I settled on just getting a "L" dress, which I think camouflages the belly and I am hoping to spice it up with some accessories. I did have to endure another hot, small, dressing room where I tried to avoid actually looking in the mirror when any bit of skin was exposed.

I know I am only 7 weeks out, but combined with the food journal and some actual movement, I thought I might be a little bit more ahead.

Speaking of the food journal, I was always one of those people who never believed others when they said "I am too busy, I don't have time to eat." I am not one of those people, I am always thinking about when I can eat next, however, with the arrival of the little Lady, her feeding schedule and our pretty aggressive plans to get out of the house each day, I find myself not eating anything until mid-day on some days. This isn't leading to weight loss though, because I am trying to make up the calories later on and make sure that I am taking in enough to keep up the milk production.

Oh, weight loss why are you so evasive?

No comments:

Post a Comment