Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Bedroom, The Battlefield

The Little Lady and I are warring.

Unfortunately, this is trench warfare and she has seemed to bunker down for the long haul. I have found myself late at night, and early in the morning, deep in the trenches, dirty, a little bit hungry and totally exhausted.

Why will this kid not sleep through the night? I admit I was spoiled by the Lady, she was and still is a great sleeper. She in fact, does not seemed bothered by the multiple battle cries put forth by her little sister every night and seemingly sleeps through them all. The Little Lady, however, cannot sleep through one cough by her older sister without her big eyes flying open.

I don't know if it is because I have spoiled her by sometimes bringing her into my bed, or if she is not getting enough to eat before bedtime, but it seems that all she really wants is to be comforted, and usually that has to be done by me and my boob. I love that the Little Lady is a cuddler, but holding her in my arms all night is not an option.

We have tried to let her cry it out and in some cases that works. I just don't want her to actually wake up my very good sleeper and then have to deal with the two of them awake at 2 am. I have been doing a good job, of putting the Little Lady back in her bed after every feeding, and since we have moved the girls room upstairs, I like to think I am getting a little late-night workout with all the stairs I have to climb, but if she continues to wake up multiple times at night, I might just put her in the bathroom again and hope for the best.

Can you tell I am tired? Last night she got up three times and in two of those cases she stayed awake for almost an hour. In all honesty at times I want to scream, but there are a few things prohibiting me from doing that: 1) she is a tiny baby, 2) she is cute, 3) she is super cute and fuzzy and when she is awake she is all smiles.

So, this war continues, with the Little Lady in the lead and moving forward through that no-man's land, claiming her territory and little by little wearing down her mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment