Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thank You. Thank You.

Just wanted to thank all my friends and family who have helped me out this past week or so, or who have offered a word or two of support.

I am incredibly grateful for the sleepover invite from the Wild Man and the Wild Woman. Although everyone went to bed a little too late, and the Little Ladies woke up entirely too early, and the big kids got a little bit overexcited with the Christmas crafts (you should have seen the gingerbread train--it was covered in candy and by no means would be edible after the Lady was licking the peppermints before sticking them into the frosting), we had a great time and it was a good way to end the week.

We also had a sleepover at our house and the added benefit of attending a Christmas Party. Many thanks to my cousin for coming and staying with us. I was super excited the kids got along and was even more excited that we got a chance to catch-up.

Many more thanks to my SIL for coming over two Sunday's in a row and watching the Ladies so I could run out to the store. As an added bonus she helped clean up, which is always a plus and this was after the Ladies found a bottle of baby powder in the beach bag in the closet and doused themselves with it.

I think the festivities wore out the Ladies and for the past two nights they have both been in bed and sleeping before their usual bedtimes, leaving me with an actual hour or two to myself. So thank you, my beautiful Ladies. Although, last night the Lady woke up at 2:30 in the morning and ended up in my bed where she tossed and turned for a while and where I am pretty sure she asked me to cut her toenail at 3:40am. I wasn't sure if I was dreaming it, but this morning there was a pair of clippers on my bedside table.

Two more nights and my husband is home. I am booking my spa day for Saturday, then we have an adult-only Christmas cocktail party that night, then we are heading out to Brooklyn so see some friends. Things, my friends seem to be looking up. Now if I can only get all my Christmas shopping done. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment