Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Say my Name

As my due date fast approaches--5 weeks left to go--we are still up in the air on what to name this kid if it indeed turns out to be the Last Lady. We do have a few names but they are on a very fluid list that seems to change daily.

As always, I am checking out the celeb baby names just to see what new and unusual monikers are out there. So when I clicked on the article about Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon's releasing the names of their twins, I don't know why I was surprised by the ridiculousness of it all.

Boy name: Moroccan Scott
Girl name: Monroe (no middle name--like her mother)

The boy was apparently named after the top floor of Mariah's penthouse, the girl Marilyn Monroe. Hey, I applaud individuality and wanting to name your kids something that not everyone in their classroom will answer to, but Moroccan? Really? Really? Does Mariah know that these are children and not little frilly, pouf-pouf dogs that you carry around in a Louis Vuitton bag? Yikes. Hopefully they will call him Rocco. And hopefully we will decide on a name we like as well.

1 comment: