Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Supermom? Superwoman? Super Morning?

I got up early this morning. Really early. Like, 40 minutes before I even set my alarm, which was about 45 minutes earlier than I usually set it for because I have kind of turned into one of those people who has to fit in a workout at some point during the day and the early a.m. was going to be it for me today.

This morning I didn't even have to hit snooze, I was up, out and working out. Done.

I emptied the dishwasher, ran a load of laundry, showered, got dressed and even had time to moisturize, which rarely happens before I hit the office and make it to the bathroom and realize that I actually left the house looking like the reflection that is staring back at me in the mirror.

My lunch? Already prepped the night before. The Lady's lunch? Done. Milk in cups waiting in the fridge for the kids? Did it.

Homemade pancakes? Batter prepped and ready to go stove-side.

I really started to consider becoming a morning person. All that extra time to actually get things done with care and concern instead of in a flash of crazy panic.

House clean for showing this morning? I even sprayed down the bathroom mirrors.

TV tuned to the Today Show and not some inane kids show? There is actual news happening in the world!

Oh Bean, what a wonder you are. What a modern mother. You certainly have it together don't you? Getting fit, getting organized, let's not forget getting clean, you can have it all.

Until. . . the kids woke up.

QT needed to be carried down the stairs, the milk I poured for the Lady was fine but the Little Lady wanted water. As the pancakes cooked on the stove, I had to wipe a butt, empty a potty, wash my hands (twice) all in the time before I flipped them over.

The Little Lady didn't want pancakes. The Lady didn't want syrup ON her pancakes but she wanted a bowl of syrup to drown them in. I took the syrup covered pancakes and handed them to QT who also told me he didn't want syrup ON them, so I did what any other mother would do and flipped them over and put them on a new plate. Done.

The Little Lady barely ate the egg I made her. The Lady's hair was akin to a rats nest and apparently the shirt I gave her was too tight. (Geez, Mother Nature what happened to that 85 degree weather you gave us yesterday, the Lady was super psyched to wear her full on matchy-match tank top and shorts, now she is giving me a problem about shirts with any sleeves.)

I left QT crying on the top of the stairs, gave a big kiss to the Little Lady who I would see later at her school and got the Lady to the bus stop. As I started the car for the drive to work, I realized I forgot my phone. Rather than go back to the house I just headed to the office.

Did I mention I didn't have any coffee at all yet and there is some sort of black smudge on my new pants?

An hour and a half later, I turned back around and headed to the Little Lady's school for a glorious 30 minutes of an end of the year party where we got to look in her binder of laminated work and go over all she has accomplished this year. It was a little emotional and I was so proud of all the work she did and so happy that she had such a good year. I can't believe she is graduating from pre-school tomorrow.

The k-turn I made in the middle of the ride home to hit the McDonald's' drive through wasn't a proud moment, especially since the Little Lady was going on and on about how she didn't want to go home and how I never do anything fun with her. I am sure rewarding her bad behavior with an American Girl Doll toy from McDonald's isn't really going to curb that behavior but I had to get back to work.

Did I mention I couldn't find my phone once I got home? I had the sitter call me twice, nothing. Granted, it is on vibrate but still. I had a moment of wondering if it was indeed in my bag the whole time. Alas, it was not. Finally, after searching for 15 minutes, I found it under the ginormous stuffed dog on the Lady's bed. My husband had called in the middle of the mayhem and I guess it just got overlooked. Although, fortunately the Lady's hair didn't and it eventually did get brushed. 

45 minutes in traffic to get back to work and here I am, drowsy, a little sore from my cardio fix, slugging back some Earl Grey tea and hoping my husband's flight takes off within the next half hour because if I beat him home those kids are going to lose it.

Might be super snoozing it tomorrow. 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment