Monday, December 8, 2008

Day Four and Counting

The Lady and I have been trying to keep busy for the past few days. We were bummed when we missed out on a Brooklyn visit to see our favorite little "boyfriend" but we are hoping he is feeling better.

Made it over to see my parents yesterday and ended up spending most of the day there because the Lady has decided not to nap. I feel partially responsible because I am not keeping her on her regular schedule, but she is always falls asleep in the car for the 25 minute ride and then immediately wakes up and starts meowing once we hit my parents driveway. Apparently that 25 minute nap was enough to keep her going for the rest of the day and she didn't fall asleep again until 4:50 p.m.. Ugh.

We have been trying to keep positive. This morning we went to our first mom's group playdate and it went surprisingly well. Still felt a little unwelcome and kind of ignored but maybe that is just me. The Lady did pretty well for herself and she was the youngest one there.

Our morning didn't start out that great. I made a quick attempt at a shower, which I am proud to say I accomplished. However, when I went to run the water for the Lady's bath there was no hot water. We have had an issue with our hot water heater since we moved in here. We have had the mother board replaced and still it acts up. We usually just reset it when it shuts down. (One time a few weeks into my pregnancy, it shut down. I smelled a little gas but had to drive my sister to the orthodontist. On the way home I called the gas company when I got home the fire department was here, apparently they come when the gas company is super busy!)

This morning was a different story. After 20 minutes of trying to reset the heater, run up and down the stairs to check the water temp and still try to be on time for the playdate, I finally had to give the Lady one step up from the whore's bath and boil water in the kettle to fill the tub. She had no problems with this but I feel like maybe things could go a little easier for me especially when I am shorthanded.

I guess we survived and we both were clean. I would have taken her into the shower with me but she is afraid of it and quite honestly I wanted a couple minutes to myself.

We are hitting another playgroup tomorrow, we will see how it goes.

1 comment: