Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Little Lady



Last Friday we added another little lady to the family.
I was able to go into the hospital for induction on Thursday night and once the pittossin kicked in at 5 a.m. and the contractions seriously started by 7:30 it was a pretty quick labor, as the littlest lady was out and about at 9:37 a.m. She weighed 8lbs and 1oz and was 19.5 inches tall.
I won't bore you with all the gruesome details of labor and delivery, but I will say that it is probably a good idea not to have your two-year old in the room when the nurse is using a catheter on you and she keeps asking why mommy is wearing a diaper.

We are very glad to be home and I am really trying to get to know this little human being that I helped create and who is now living in my home. I haven't thought of anything clever to call her yet on this blog. The little Lady seems like a cop out and I want her to develop her own sense of self outside of her big sister. I will think of something once I come out of this fog of lack of sleep.
Here is a pic of the Lady and her little sister. She has been great, but we will see how it goes in the next few weeks, when she realizes that this little person isn't going anywhere.



I will say that although I am tired and it has been an adjustment here, I am grateful that the baby is finally out and finally a part of our family.

2 comments:

  1. :) Congratulations to all of you. She is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about 'the littler lady'? Or 'Bella dua'? or 'Larry'?

    ReplyDelete