Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Biggest Loser and Other Updates

Ding Dong the witch is dead!

Tracey is off the show. I will say I will miss her crazy big eyes and exaggerated facial expressions, but it is always fun to watch someone try to manipulate the game, so when I look at it from that perspective I am a little sad to see her go. She does look good now and I was happy that she could run that mile without passing out and having to be hospitalized. In a weird way it gives me hope!

So the contestants headed to DC, recruited fellow Americans to work out on the Mall, ate out of Obama's garden and switched from teams to individuals. I am interested to see how the alliances will pan out. Will they stick to black vs. blue like they did in the past or will they honor their original pairings with their partners?

This is the part of the season that I actually love, the numbers are dwindling and when they flash back to previous photos of the contestants you can really see how far they have come. It still amazes me that in 8 weeks some of these people have lost between 75 and 100lbs. It makes my quest for 15-20 seem doable.

Other Updates
I hit the gym on Tuesday and got in an okay workout. I didn't run for as long as I wanted, but in my defense I have a bit of a head cold and kind of feel like crap. I have been using the gym at my sister's condo and have been pretty lucky to usually have the place all to myself.

Tuesday, a guy came in for his elliptical workout, had to ask how to turn on the TV, then left the room after about 10 minutes. I didn't think too much of it, since I was entrenched in watching the Jeopardy Teen Tournament with no sound on, while shuffling songs on my iPod. I assumed he had to take a poo, get some water or had a phone call, since I saw him standing outside the door for a couple minutes at a time. What I didn't realize until after I was done with my workout is that for all those times I saw him standing outside the door, that he had forgotten his key and was waiting for me to let him in. Oops.

I am thinking about running a 5k next Sunday. I am hoping that if I can finish it and feel okay that it will serve as a catalyst for me to really make sure that I am ready for the Turkey Trot. We will see. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment