Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I Am The Worst

Talk about being a delinquent blogger. I apologize for my lack of posts in the past couple of weeks. I am still feeling like I am just two steps behind. Excuses. Excuses.

Anyway, I apologize and here is a quick recap of some of the past weeks adventures:

Work: Still ugh, but some days busier than others and although everyone still calls me the "proofreader," I am feeling like I am getting the hang of things here.

Halloween: This past weekend was super hectic. We started out Friday morning with the Lady in her busy bee costume and hit a Moms Club playdate, we then headed over to the photographer for Halloween pictures with the Wild Man and his sister. The photos are free when you bring a toy for Toy for Tot's, so these are quick sessions in a basement studio, where the big kids are sitting on hay bales and the babies are put in wooden buckets stuffed with burlap.

The Wild Man took a tumble off the back of the hale bale and struck the photographers assistant in the head with his fireman's helmet. At one point, three out of four of the kids were screaming. The Lady was the only one with no tears, however she had her finger up her nose for the majority of the day!

After the photos, we packed the kids in the cars and headed to my husband's office for some trick-or-treating. Since we got there early, the Wild Man and the Lady had free reign of the place and picked up a ton of candy. For the record--who likes Whoppers? Anyone? I think they are gross and should be discontinued from the variety pack. After that we headed over to a Halloween party at my best friend's place. The amount of sugar the Lady consumed was incredible. We didn't get home until 8:30 and I think I was the one who was the most tired.

On Saturday, we got dressed up again, headed over to my parents for a Halloween parade, however the rain came with us and we settled for a quick trick-or-treat around the block, umbrellas and all. We did make it home in time for the Yanks to win, which was a very good Halloween Treat.

Sunday, we went to a Touch a Truck outdoor exhibit where upon entry the girl at the table had to use the calculator to tally the amount of three adults paying $8 each. I mean really, I know that they say the US can't keep up in education, but really? 8 x 3? On a calculator?

After the Lady and the Wild Man got a chance to go in a school bus, a city bus, and a diggy truck, we headed up to the in-laws for my MIL's birthday. The Lady was in her element because there was cake!

I will post some pictures when I get home from work!

No comments:

Post a Comment