Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Biggest Loser and Other Updates

A new season of BL kicked off on Tuesday. Every contestant seems to get bigger and bigger, and this time around they have a guy who weighed in at over 500lbs.

The fact that each contestant had to stand up and weigh-in in front of their family, friends and community reminded me that I too, have to hold myself accountable for my own health and weight loss goals.

So far this year the only thing that I have done that could be remotely connected to fitness is read a SELF magazine on the flight home from Chicago and watch the first episode of the Biggest Loser. After the Turkey Trot in November, I basically stopped working out.

Now I know the Holidays are busy, but blah, blah, blah.

So, I have decided that I am not going to do a weekly BL update like I have been doing in the past. Instead, I will focus more on my own personal Biggest Loser journey and sprinkle in what is going on in the show along the way. I think that by switching the focus, I really can be more accountable for my own actions, be less prone to excuses and hopefully avoid ever having to stand up in front of you, my loyal readers, in a sports bra and spandex pants with my stomach hanging out.

No comments:

Post a Comment