Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Cough. Cough. Mommy, I'm Sick

So both of the Ladies are sick.

The Lady woke up on Friday, feeling a little warm and with a cough. We decided to skip ballet and headed to the doctor, only to have her immediately perk up, name each individual fish in the fish tank, and have the doctor tell us that there was nothing wrong with her. She then refused to leave the office, wanting only to play in the horribly germ-infused play area.

I was annoyed about the ballet, but since we were going away for the weekend, I was pleased that there wasn't anything really wrong with her. Fast-forward to the next day, when we were at the beach house with a ton of their cousins and both of the girls were hacking. Needless to say, it wasn't a pleasant night sleep.

Now, the Lady's cough is still hanging around, but she is pretty much her normal self. She keeps on telling me that she wants everything she sees on TV, and would also like to go to Chuckie Cheese, a place I have never been and hope to never see the inside of.

The Little Lady, however, is still sick. The coughs coming out of that tiny body make me so sad. Her little eyes are watery and I was unaware that much snot could come out of a five-month-olds sneeze. I am debating going back to the doctor though. I always feel like an idiot when I bring my kid in and they are like, "this is a cold--call if she gets a fever," but I feel so helpless when there is nothing I can do to make them better.

I am lucky, because I can count on my hand the number of times the Lady has been sick in the past two and a half years, but because of that I am hyper aware of when she is not herself. I hope this clears up soon, because the last thing I want to do is be stuck inside with the two of them coughing on each other, plus I don't want to miss anymore ballet!

No comments:

Post a Comment