Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May is for Moms

I am sure all of you are gearing up for your Mother's Day celebrations. And celebrate we should. I think that one day isn't really enough to devote to the role of mother. And since a lot of Mother's Days end up being jam-packed with everyone trying to run around and get together, sometimes there isn't enough time to just snuggle in your bed while your husband takes the kids out of the house for a few hours and you watch hours of uninterrupted TV, or read a book, while drinking coffee and not having to cater to anyone else. . . hint, hint.

This year, I will actually be spending my Mother's Day watching my little sister graduate from college, which isn't a bad way to spend a Sunday, plus I am super proud of her.

So because I won't actually be partaking in the "traditional" Mother's Day, I have decided to devote the entire month of May to mommy moments, mommy mind melts, and some mommy memories from this blog.

Each day, I will (try) to post something related to the joy, and crazy of being a mother.

I might post a few pics, a couple links to some "oldie but goodie" blog posts, or just share what is going on in the day.

I invite you all to tweet, fb or email any of your own funny, crazy, unbelievable, poignant, heartwarming or vomit-inducing moments of motherhood and I will share as I go.

Happy Mother's Month (and may a spa day be in your future)!

No comments:

Post a Comment