Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Mom's Club

I just want everyone to know that I stepped out of the comfort zone and tried again to meet new moms. On Monday the Lady and I went to a meet and greet for new members of the Mom's Group. The Lady and I and one other mom were the only new members who showed up, but I did meet three other moms and they were all nice to me. The kids played pretty well together, except the Lady tried to push a girl for the dog toy but she loves dogs and that other girl was being a tiny bit selfish--I mean just because they were here toys doesn't mean she can't share with the Lady.

On Tuesday, I joined one of the mom's I met for a playdate at her house. It went pretty well and I did feel welcome. It was kind of intimidating because I was the only one there who didn't know somebody else and I was also the only one there who wasn't from the UK or Ireland or married to someone from the UK or Ireland. It was an interesting dynamic, but let me tell you those women were much more welcoming to me then the ones I met at the other playgroup. I think the Lady and I will try to make it there again next week. I will admit to her running around the kitchen and covering herself with the chalk she found on the easel but all and all she was pretty good.

Today we had a playdate with my best friend, her twins and another friend of ours and her daughter. It is so much more relaxing when you are surrounded by people you know. I think that I am making the right decision for me and for the Lady to get out and meet new people, but there is nothing like hanging out with people you know, love and trust and who know and love you and your kids.

I am still navigating the whole world of being a stay-at-home-mom or SAHM as it is so frequently seen across the web (and yes, I will admit it took me a while to figure out what it stood for!) and I will admit to freaking out last week when I saw all these posts about signing your kids up for a 2's group in the fall. I had no idea that I was supposed to sign my kid up for a 2's group and now apparently they are all booked and my poor daughter will never get the early education she is so surly lacking. . . and to think I am going to do this all over again come August. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment