Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Biggest Loser and Other Updates

Amy, Amy, Amy, I told you so. Hey, I don't like to say it but had you eliminated Vicky last week you would have been saved this week. Granted, maybe you wouldn't have fallen beneath the yellow line, but the black team would have been your ally. You were a bit too naive to even consider trusting that black hearted game player and now you are home with no one to blame but yourself.

We are getting close to the end here. I was so excited to see both Michelle and Renee put up big numbers to stay this week, but unless two more blue fall below the yellow line next week, I think one of them will be leaving.

Not too much excitement this week. It is always good to see Steve Young, but if Vicky told me one more time how much she loves football so she deserves to win everything I think I might have punched the TV. Why is she still around? Why?

The best part about the elimination room was when Ed justified voting for Amy because he is married to Heba. Again, I don't like to stereotype him as some Southern rube, but if the moonshine is wet, well drink it.

The Turkey Trot

The big race is tomorrow and I am getting pretty nervous. I ran the first mile of hills yesterday and I wouldn't say it was easy, but at least we get them out of the way at the beginning. I checked out the rest of the route as well and it seems kind of long but I am hoping that the surge of the 1500 other runners will actually just push me along until I finish.

I was excited to pick up my official number #885 and get my first race t-shirt. The weather is supposed to be pretty good, sunny and in the low 40's. I am just hoping I don't puke, trip, or step in too much goose poo. The Lady and my husband are supposed to meet me at the finish line with big smiles and a camera. I will post the pics and let you know how it goes. Wish me luck!

The Novel

The novel has taken a back seat to life this week. I am over 20,000 words in, but unless some sort of explosion of words happens in the next few days, I don't think I will make the 50,000 by Sunday. I am going to try to get as much done as I can but between Turkey Day, meeting up with friends, a photo shoot on Friday night and celebrating my brother's 30th on Saturday, I might not get a lot of writing done. We will see.

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck with the race and have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete