Sunday, November 23, 2008

Procrastination

I am trying to write my novel, but as always I find myself getting up every ten minutes for a glass of water or spotting something that needs to be wiped, picked up, or put away from across the room and have to remedy that situation right away before I can continue.

The novel is coming along. Am I going to get to 50,000 by next Sunday? If I stop blogging and cleaning--maybe. I also have the problem that every once in a while I have to check something on the Internet, it is research really, I will just pull up a fact or check a word definition, but each time I do that I have to stop and check my e-mail, peruse a few top stories and check out what is going on in the world around me. For example the movie Twilight pulled in over 70 mil. this weekend. Yeah to teenage girls and vampire lovers. Even though I always think the book is better than the movie, I also love to see readers who love their books follow them to the box office.

The other bit of news that caught my attention was this article about the space station, Astronauts tinker with urine-to-water machine, yes you read that right. Urine-to-water machine. They drink their own converted pee. Check it out. I thought it was definitely worth a read even though I am a thousand words short of my goal for tonight.

Perhaps some of you read this blog as a bit of procrastination in your own day. I appreciate it

No comments:

Post a Comment